Wednesday, August 20, 2008

STRANGER

I am a stranger people say,
no not I the world,
I have lost my senses,
but I have come to stay.

baring the hot sun and shivering cold,
lay I by and by,
quenching my thirst and hunger,
till when know not I.

from where I hale is the past,
my destiny is not known,
know I not my name,
seek I no fame.

men come and men go,
perhaps I really don’t care,
devoid of all feelings,
no sorrow or joy to say.

come summer come winter,
nothing to me is fare,
a long cloth and my wear,
is all that I can share.

people tread on me,
a passion of belongingness,
no one of my own,
thoughts and aspirations.

time will come and time will go
I am a lay man you see
A million dream to show
DALIT is my name you know


In Solidarity

“Guru Bhai”

1 comment:

Vijaya Mishra said...

Very sensitive Praveen! I did not know that you have also a poet in you! Best of luck