Monday, December 15, 2008

Life in London 5

A wonderful time has passed by : with all the fun and work gone high: thinking of globalization, social policy, a bit of finance and economics. Studying at LSE was indeed a great experience enabling me to think out of the box (development & development) ) – perhaps now I have a % more understanding of globalization, finance, economics and politics.

It is great being in Europe- I have all the freedom to travel independently in London – what I mean is walking down the streets with out bumping into polls or being scared of dogs chasing my white cane, taking the tube where ever I wanted – a zigzag around the city under ground!!! A great social life meeting friends. Of course to mention had loads of time to reflect on myself and working on my own personality. –

What i like:

• Freedom of moving from my flat near Goodge Street to the tube.
• Taking the tube where ever I want around – Now I know most of London.
• Sticking to time – my sense of time management has improved drastically.
• Lets C europe – out of London almost every week end – Paris, Brussels, Geneva, Francford, Madrid, Budapest, Luxembourg, Glasgow, Edinborough, and so on.
• Social life with friends – some thing or the other was there to do every evening

What did I pick up new :

• Hot chocolate and fish & chips – a daily dose of hot chock let would keep me going
• More addiction to internet than ever
• Reading financial times
• Eating lots of carrets
• Great friendships

What I can’t forget :

• Going up ALPS
• Meeting my class mate from MCC in Luxembourg
• Traveling alone in Europe where I did not understand the language!!! Might have been lost for ever!!!
• Getting back home with out any help every day especially in the middle of the night.
• Spending time with friends every evening.
• Cooking.- rice, dhall and eggs – perhaps I am a good cook now – cooked for friends and even my uncle .


GuruBhai

2 comments:

Vijaya Mishra said...

Hey Praveen! You know life is never the same the next moment in your life. Good things happen to show us that there are gaps to bridge so that more good things will happen. Enjoyed reading your experience. Welcome back home with a hope that someday you can have similar experience here in Delhi or Bangalore or some other city...

Jen Kumar said...

Great Praveen! What a life!! London sounds fantastic!